2/24/2012

Body By Design Day #46

Hmmm the traffic on this blog has increased dramatically in the last couple of weeks! So if you're reading me, thank you and again, please don't be shy and leave a comment once in a while!

75 degree weather, sun, breeze...beautiful day.  I went to Panera and had a wonderful salad and ate outside.

I don't know if you know but I don't habitually eat chicken (the reasons why, will be on another post).  But this week I've been craving it.  So much.  Maybe my body asking for more protein, I don't know.  But I wanted that Thai Chicken Salad.  And it was so good.

I also tried something different today.  I wore my Polar heart rate monitor all day.  I was curious to see how many calories I spend per day.  At the end of the day, it read that I had used more than 3,000 calories????  I did work out at the end of the day but 3,000 seemed like too much.  I did some research and found that the HR monitors are good for measuring training sessions but not for all day use :-(  Oh well, it was worth a try.

So I'm sticking to my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) calculation which says I should be using 1,649 calories.  If you're not familiar with BMR, it is basically a calculation of how many calories you burn (acording to weight, height and age) if you just laid in bed all day doing nothing. 

Starting tomorrow, I'll start to log in my meals into My Fitness Pal on my phone and see how I'm doing in respect to calories.  Want to know how many calories you burn per day? go here

Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment