2/11/2012

Body By Design Day #33

Friday was a toughie.  I don't know if it's the anticipation of the weekend that makes me think of food... something good for my taste buds.... something different from what I've been eating for the past 5 weeks.  The weather didn't cooperate either.  We've been hit by freezing temperatures here in Charlotte and it just makes you wanna cuddle up on the sofa, hot chocolate in hand.

At some point during the day I was even upset.  "Why can't I eat what I want?", "why did I let it go this far?", "I want some cheese....".  I went for my mi-day walk but skipped the evening workout.  I was in rebel-mode.  I even had carbs after 3pm.  I didn't eat anything fattening, just didn't stick to the program.

I got some news that day about something I had been waiting for, for a long time.  But I didn't get to enjoy the rewards for my hard work and patience, someone else did.  That started the negative-thinking on Friday.  When I went to bed, I started thinking about the day and it came to me, that yes, there are so many things we have no control of.  Things not always happen the way we want or when we want them to.  But one of the things I do have control over, is my physical well being (at least to some extent).  I have control over making the time to workout, making the time to prepare the meals I'll eat the next day and I even have control over my thinking.  I decided to make the best out the weekend ahead.  Take control, workout, eat well and be positive.

I decided to keep taking care of myself and I started that Friday night.  I gave myself a good foot massage with my favorite creme , go to sleep and welcome the weekend with a new attitude.

 Every little step counts...

0 comments:

Post a Comment