1/14/2012

Body By Design Day #5

Friday was another good day, planned my meals the day before.  We had an egg omelet with cauliflower, broccoli and mushrooms with mashed sweet potatoes for lunch.  It was very filling.  For my 3pm meal, I had 3/4 cup of blueberries with a handful of almonds.  The mid-day walk was again, AMAZING. I'm thinking of posting a photo each day from my mid-day walk.  Little details that make me happy.

When I got home I was feeling really tired.  Didn't want to go to the gym but we went anyway.  I did a 5 min warm-up on the elliptical and was really dragging through it.  Maybe because it was friday and my body was ready for rest....don't know.  But we went through the seven strength training exercises and they were tough!! But as we went from one to the next, we felt stronger.  It was a very good feeling of being in control, of stimulating your body, making yourself stronger.  At the end of the workout we were feeling pretty good, much better than when we started!

Now is the weekend and it will present its challenges.  But we're on our way to the farmers market to stock up on veggies and other necessities.  I'll get my 20-min walk at noon and in the evening and tomorrow, Sunday; will try to prepare the menu for the week and at least three days worth of meals.

Thank you for reading and accompanying me on this journey.  Knowing that someone is reading about this adventure, makes me feel supported and accountable in a really good way.  It's like whatever I'm doing will succeed because someone else knows about it and might even get inspired to try it.  That's pretty cool.

Have a happy and healthy weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment