1/11/2012

Body By Design Day #2

I felt really AWESOME yesterday! Really great mood and had very restful night's sleep.  Monday night I made dinner and had enough leftover to pack for today's lunch.  I sauteed some kale with garlic and a little bit of apple cider vinegar, sauteed some tofu cubes with scallions, ginger and a bit of liquid aminos and it was delish!  The hubby was still hungry afterwards so he ate more but I stuck to my portions and called it a night.

I'm discovering that the food part of this program will be much easier for me than the exercise part of it.  We already were following a whole foods, mainly plant-based diet, it's just that my portions and abuse of coconut oil (yum) and bread were not helping me shed any weight.  We don't buy any pre-made, frozen foods, except for an occasional treat from the Trader Joe's frozen isle.  We don't eat meat, chicken or pork.  Our diet consisted of grains like quinoa, brown rice, whole wheat bread, legumes...lots of them like beans, lentils and my favorite: chickpeas and all fruits and veggies.  I can eat pretty much anything from our previous diet except for fruits and the legumes.  It's really more manageable now that I've understood how to organize myself.

As I said, we prepare a meal at night which will serve as lunch for the next day.  In the morning, we have our breakfast which yesterday was an egg white omelet with onions, peppers and mushrooms.  At 10 am we had our improvised protein shake (hemp protein powder, chia seeds, strawberries and 1/2 a banana), then lunch and @ 3pm we had a slice of sprouted grain bread with a tbsp of peanut butter.  So far I've felt very satisfied and my energy levels have been pretty stable.  I did go out at lunch time and walked for about 45 mins.  That was SO REFRESHING! I took some instagram pics during my walk and just breathed the nice winter air and enjoyed the sun.  I will try to do that when possible form now on!

At night, I didn't have time to go to the gym so I put my favorite music on and busted some dance moves to get my heart rate up (which should be at 112-132 for fat burning) for 20 minutes.  Dinner was a mixed lettuce salad with tomatoes, red onions, 1 can of tuna, 1/4 avocado and my favorite dressing: minced garlic with apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and a little olive oil.  Simple. but. delicious.

I also took my "before" photographs today.  I will post some of those in a couple of weeks when I have new ones to compare them to.  So far, I'm sticking one of those on the fridge as a reminder of my goal.

Day#2 done.  I'm ready for more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment