1/25/2012

Body By Design Day #16

Tuesday was an ok day.  I got so busy @ work in the afternoon that I skipped one of the meals.  I then went to meet a girlfriend for a walk date.  We walked through the Southend neighborhood in Charlotte, a very walkable neighborhood with really nice shops and restaurants.  We stopped by Paper Skyscraper an awesome store with all kinds of beautiful and original gifts.  Sorry I totally forgot to take some photos of all the goodies they have, but I'll post some next time I visit.

I had my Vega shake on the way home and then just made a veggie omelet for dinner.  Not very exciting but: I finally made Kale Chips!! I had been reading about these crunchy-good-for-you snacks and I still had a bunch of kale we got at the farmers market so I went ahead and chopped it, added a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper and then put them in a cookie tray in the oven at 300F.


The result was better than expected!! Since I had so much of it I got to bake three batches modifying the baking time until I got it right.



They are crunchy but light and I guess the heat, oil and pepper & salt, really mix well with the kale's flavors.  And Kale is so good for you. It has anti-cancer properties, antioxidants, fiber, it protects your eyes and it's good for your bones.  This is a great a fun way to add it to your diet.  Just a warning:  If you over-bake (which happened the first time), they will come out bitter.



Just delicious!!!  Glad I got to try something new!


0 comments:

Post a Comment